Welcome to St. Michael’s C of E Primary School!
The team here at St Michael’s would like to extend a warm welcome to you all and hope that your association with the school is a long and happy one. We work closely together with the children and community of St Michael’s to create an environment which provides the very best opportunities for all our learners.
St Michael’s CE Primary School is situated in the beautiful and rural village of Playden, on the outskirts of the ancient town of Rye. The school is an extended Victorian building on a small site, surrounded by woodland and farmland. We have a delightful playground, field, school garden and pond and are in the process of further extending and developing the school site and learning environment.
Major investment by ESCC in the fabric of the school has taken place during the spring and early summer of 2015. Two new classrooms have been built and the school hall is being re-instated. The kitchen has been upgraded to enable the cooking of fresh meals on site. During the autumn of this academic year, our reception area has be re-sited, with a new hallway and double door entry, ensuring a safe and welcoming entrance to St Michael’s. As part of the rebuild the children’s toilets have also been refurbished. We are all very pleased with our new facilities.
St. Michael’s has a well-established caring ethos founded on Christian beliefs, where every member of our school is valued as an individual, contributing to the happy, caring Christian environment which we strive to create. We encourage children to develop as individuals by promoting independence, care and respect for others. There has been much progress since the beginning of the year. We are seeing rapid improvement in the learning environment and in the progress our learners are making.
It is our aim to:
- create a culture where all learners strive to do their best;
- achieve high standards of learning within a caring and supportive environment;
- provide an aspirational and holistic education, fully utilising our surrounding inspirational environment;
- support and encourage each child to develop their full range of learning skills irrespective of gender, race or physical ability;
- instil a love of learning through a rich, purposeful and stimulating curriculum;
- encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour – to make the right choice, supported by core values and a positive behaviour policy.
We embrace our role within the local community and the importance of developing links between home and school. We believe in working with parents as partners, through a committed, enthusiastic and developing Parent Council.
We hope you find the information on this website useful. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any other information you may need.