Welcome to St. Michael’s C of E Primary School
Love – Forgiveness – Respect – Honesty
The team here at St Michael’s would like to extend a warm welcome to you all and hope that your association with the school is a long and happy one. We work closely together with the children and community of St Michael’s to create an environment which provides the very best opportunities for all our learners.
St Michael’s CE Primary School is situated in the beautiful and rural village of Playden, on the outskirts of the ancient town of Rye. The school is an extended Victorian building on a small site, surrounded by woodland and farmland. We have a delightful playground, field, school garden and pond and have recently developed the school site and learning environment.
St. Michael’s has a well-established caring ethos founded on Christian beliefs, where every member of our school is valued as an individual, contributing to the happy, caring environment which we strive to create. We encourage children to develop as individuals by promoting independence, care and respect for others.
It is our aim to:
- create a culture where all learners strive to do their best;
- achieve high standards of learning within a caring and supportive environment;
- provide an aspirational and holistic education, fully utilising our surrounding inspirational environment;
- support and encourage each child to develop their full range of learning skills irrespective of gender, race or physical ability;
- instil a love of learning through a rich, purposeful and stimulating curriculum;
- encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour – to make the right choice, supported by core values and a positive behaviour policy.
We embrace our role within the local community and the importance of developing links between home and school. We believe in working with parents as partners, through a committed, enthusiastic and developing Parent Council.
We embrace the Christian values of love, forgiveness, respect and honesty in all that we do. This contributes to the wonderful family feel to our school and the smiling faces and laughter you hear when you visit us, along with excellent work in every part of the school is a testament to this.
Whilst we are a Church of England school, we are also an inclusive school and regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance. We promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our pupils and challenge opinions or behaviours that are contrary to fundamental British values.
We acknowledge that we live in a multi-faith society and celebrate the common virtue that is universally respected across all world religions. This simple moral principle underpins our school’s Christian values.
We hope you find the information on this website useful. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any other information you may need.