At St. Michael’s our vision is that every child is given an excellent education, being valued for who they are. We believe that when children feel valued they are encouraged to be ambitious both personally and academically. We value our entire community, treating everyone with love, honesty, forgiveness and respect, rooted in the moral principle of ‘do to others as you would have them do to you’ (Luke 6:31)
Our Christian ethos is of paramount importance in our school, and our Christian values are embedded in all that we do:
Love – Forgiveness – Honesty – Respect
We strive to create a happy, Christian school environment where each child may grow in an awareness of him/herself, of others and of God. Our school aspires to value everyone associated with it, irrespective of age, position, race, gender, background and ability.
It is our aim to:
- create a culture where all learners strive to do their best;
- achieve high standards of learning within a caring and supportive environment;
- provide an aspirational and holistic education, fully utilising our surrounding inspirational environment;
- support and encourage each child to develop their full range of learning skills irrespective of gender, race or physical ability;
- instil a love of learning through a rich, purposeful and stimulating curriculum;
- encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour – to make the right choice, supported by core values and a positive behaviour policy.