Our vision at St. Michael’s is that every child receives an excellent education and feels valued for who they are. We want to lay a foundation of curiosity, tapping into children’s natural inquisitiveness about the world around them, and to foster their ambition by recognising and responding to their talents and individuality. We seek to treat everyone in our community with love, honesty, forgiveness and respect, rooted in the principle of ‘do to others as you would have them do to you’ (Luke 6:31).
It is our aim to:
- create a culture where all learners strive to do their best;
- achieve high standards of learning within a caring and supportive environment;
- provide an aspirational and holistic education, fully utilising our surrounding inspirational environment;
- support and encourage each child to develop their full range of learning skills irrespective of gender, race or physical ability;
- instil a love of learning through a enquiring, purposeful and stimulating curriculum;
- encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour – to make the right choice, supported by core values and a positive behaviour policy.