At St. Michael’s we believe that every child is a child of God and our vision is to unlock every child’s potential, enabling them to develop spiritually and emotionally through the example of Jesus Christ. To achieve our goal, all stake holders work as a TEAM because ‘Together Everyone Achieves More‘.
Our Christian ethos is of paramount importance in our school, with the following Christian values embedded in all that we do:
Love – Forgiveness – Honesty – Respect
Our hope is that every child feels valued. We strive to create a happy, Christian school environment where each child may grow in an awareness of him/herself, of others and of God. Our school aspires to value everyone associated with it, irrespective of age, position, race, gender, background and ability.
It is our aim to:
- create a culture where all learners strive to do their best;
- achieve high standards of learning within a caring and supportive environment;
- provide an aspirational and holistic education, fully utilising our surrounding inspirational environment;
- support and encourage each child to develop their full range of learning skills irrespective of gender, race or physical ability;
- instil a love of learning through a rich, purposeful and stimulating curriculum;
- encourage children to take responsibility for their learning and behaviour – to make the right choice, supported by core values and a positive behaviour policy.