All visitors are required to wear a face covering on site, including parents at drop-off and pick-up times.
March 2021 arrangements
Below please find the arrangements for returning to school in March, 2021 which outline our systems of control.
Remote learning contingency plan
The exceptional events of 2020 have dramatically altered the way that education is delivered to pupils around the world. At St. Michael’s, we have devised a remote learning contingency plan for immediate provision where national or local restrictions require entire cohorts (or bubbles) to remain at home (including where individual pupils are self-isolating).
Protocol for a suspected case
If anyone (staff or pupil) becomes unwell with any of the following:
- (i) a new continuous cough
- (ii) a high temperature, or
- (iii) a loss or change in their sense of smell or taste (anosmia) at school
they will be sent home and advised to follow the Government COVID-19 stay at home guidance.This guidance sets out that they must self-isolate for at least 10 days and should book a test. Other members of the household (including siblings) should self-isolate for 14 days.
To check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms, please see this link:
Letter to parents, from Public Health England:
NHS Test and Trace
As part of the reopening guidance by the government, our staff and parents/carers are expected to engage with the NHS Test and Trace process for anyone who displays symptoms of COVID-19. This must be done as soon as possible and you must:
- book a test if you or your child are displaying symptoms and inform the school immediately of the results
- provide details of anyone you/they have been in close contact with if you/they test positive or if asked by NHS Test and Trace
- self-isolate if you/they have been in close contact with someone who develops coronavirus symptoms or someone who tests positive.
If you return to the UK from abroad, check whether you need to self-isolate.
For more information about NHS Test and Trace, click here:
Book a test
To book a free NHS test, click here: