At St. Michael’s, the children in Mrs. Pepler’s class have the wonderful privilege of engaging in Woodland Learning, usually during the Autumn and Summer terms, wherein pupils have the opportunity to develop an inquisitive and positive relationship with the outside world. All learners have regular opportunities to achieve and develop through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland environment.
These learning opportunities build increasing confidence, self-esteem and respect in preparation for an ever-changing world through positive outdoor experiences. Through these experiences, pupils:
- become competent to explore and discover
- experience appropriate risk and challenge
- initiate and drive their learning and development
- experience regular success
- develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world