St. Michael’s is now under the governance of a Full Governing Board (FGB) from September, 2020. School governance previously existed under a Shadow Governing Board (SGB) which was established by the local authority in March, 2018 and prior to this, an Interim Executive Board (IEB).
The FGB’s core responsibilities are to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure its money is well spent.
Current Governor Vacancies
- Foundation Governor
- Clerk to Governors (please see the advertisement below
- St. Michael’s, Playden, Clerk Post
Should you wish to contact the Governing Body, please approach the school office or email the Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org