St. Michael’s is now under the governance of a Full Governing Board (FGB) from September, 2020. School governance previously existed under a Shadow Governing Board (SGB) which was established by the local authority in March, 2018 and prior to this, an Interim Executive Board (IEB).
The FGB’s core responsibilities are to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure its money is well spent.
The Governors of St. Michael’s strongly believe that high standards of behaviour and mutual respect lie at the heart of a successful school. Our Behaviour Principles Statement can be found here:
Current Governor Vacancies
- Foundation Governor
- Clerk to Governors (please see the advertisement below
- St. Michael’s, Playden, Clerk Post
Should you wish to contact the Governing Body, please approach the school office or email the Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org