A Shadow Governing Board (SGB) was established by the local authority in March, 2018 and took over governance of the school (from an Interim Executive Board – IEB) in September, 2018.
The SGB’s core responsibilities are to:
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure its money is well spent.
The SGB will make the transition to a normally constituted governing board during the forthcoming academic year.
Current Governor Vacancies
- Foundation Governor
- Clerk to Governors (please see the advertisement below
- St. Michael’s, Playden, Clerk Post
Should you wish to contact the Governing Body, please approach the school office or email the Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org